You may wonder what Business Continuity is, another
piece of red tape perhaps?
In fact it is far from it, it may be the very thing that keeps
you in business when an even minor disaster strikes. Business managers
invariably believe that they have everything covered because to
date nothing has gone seriously wrong. Most likely nothing will.
But, what if there was a fire, not necessarily a big one, just
sufficient to stop your business for a few of days.
Ask yourself these questions:
- What if the electricity supply failed?
- What if our IT networks went down?
- What if our telephones went down? For a day? A week?
- What if our key documents were destroyed in a fire?
- What if we could not gain access to the building?
- What if we had casualties?
Would you manage? Would you survive?
Planning can ensure you do and the 'Head of the Business' must
be the person insisting that the planning takes place this section
will help you to do just that.